The Design for Data Use Academy in health and beyond will focus on the relationship between good design principles and how they affect a user’s interaction with the analysis tools in particular.
The Design for Data Use course will therefore provide good knowledge and skills in DHIS2 design & customization, data analysis and presentation as well as DHIS2 maintenance expertise.
This training targets DHIS2 technical leads and implementation support personnel that will be configuring and supporting aggregate systems directly. The Academy is meant to bridge the divide between configuration of DHIS2 systems and the effect this has on the use of data within DHIS2
The training will have an emphasis on working with the maintenance app to implement features that support the use of data and the analysis apps to review the effect of these features. Systems assessments and standard operating procedures will also be discussed.
- Define the concepts associated with best practice DHIS2 system design
- Outline and apply strategies for maintaining a DHIS2 system over time
- Evaluate the effect that grouping of metadata has on creating analysis outputs
- Create controls to ensure users can access the information they need
- Configure metadata that will support end users in their analysis of data
- Implement concepts that support long-term, robust DHIS2 design over time
This academy targets personnel that want to understand DHIS2 tracker features and how to enter and analyze tracker data and include the following learning objectives:
Describe the latest tracker features as well and how to use them
Describe the tracker data model in DHIS2
Describe how tracker data can be captured on both Web and Android devices
Demonstrate how to enter tracker data using both Web and Android devices
Identify the applications used to analyse tracker data
Create tracker data outputs in the form of tables, charts and maps
Create dashboards using tracker data